Coinbase IPO - preliminary governance

An opportunity exists for Mirror to generate some more market interest with the upcoming Coinbase direct offering on NASDAQ (https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-announces-proposed-direct-listing-3a52c4298ccc) .
My suggestion is to get the listing passed through governance before the listing so when the listing and ticker is released, the team can offer the mAsset immediately for trading on mirror. The pitch is to capitalise on ‘Mirror gives everyone the ability to participate in equity markets’ narrative and would generate significant coverage across all crypto comms channels.

6 Likes

Make a whitelisting proposal and lets get it done! I’m sure it will be voted in easily. The oracle parameters will probably have to wait until after it is listed and trading.

2 Likes

will certainly vote in favor

1 Like

Haven’t done one of those, so I lose 100 MIR if not enough people vote on it? Dayum.

No prob, ill do it. Ive got a good bag and don’t mind risking the 100.

3 Likes

Sweet, will keep an eye out for the vote. It’s a solid idea, there’s nowhere else that cryptonatives get exposure to COIN listing - we’ll get good coverage from it riding the back of that.

Votes live right now as Poll #80 :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

VOTE YES, I was waiting this votation. It is important these initiatives to be able to have interesting assets in MIR.

Coinbase is a very interesting asset

3 Likes

in favor of this one

1 Like

We need some “I voted” stickers

2 Likes

Is important vote, not forget, 2% more :grinning:

1 Like

Close to complete :sunglasses:

“I voted” Yes, and it looks like it’s passed!!

1 Like

Nice work, team. https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/1377714348991205377?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet
April 14, only a coupla weeks away. Let’s get some mCOIN!
With some feedback from Mirror team we could start promoting that Mirror is the only place in the cryptoverse you can get exposure to this unique opportunity…

2 Likes

At present it is understood that we don’t have the methodology available yet for pre-IPO. Let’s try to get mCOIN to go live as soon as possible. Ideally if it could go live on April 14 that would be great. Otherwise it will go live after the fun price action of opening day.

Is anyone reading my post interested in coordinating the Register Parameters poll? Is there a way we could get it to go live on April 14? At opening bell? At noon? Day 2?