Interest in Australian Stocks? Couple of ASX companies

Hi there,

Mirror allows for access to global markets and I would love to see this being taken advantage of

So! Here are a couple of suggestions for Australian Stocks. I’ll try and provide a variety of interesting companies with global appeal

Afterpay (ASX: APT) Mkt cap $37.67B
One of the biggest names, if not the biggest name, in BNPL. Ridiculous growth over the last two years and predicted to break even and start making profit…in 2022

Also of note is that Square (parent company of Twitter and already listed in Mirror) are interested in buying them. The purchase isn’t confirmed yet as it needs to go through stakeholders, but it’s pretty likely to happen. 2022 looks like a massive year for them

If the purchase is successful, how will Mirror facilitates the change of asset? For stakeholders there is an option to receive US shares or some variant of an ASX share I dont remember the name of to trade in Australia. Which would Mirror swap to? Im sure the Mirror team have thought of this situation, but ill be interested to see it happen

In the chance it is not bought, Afterpay would be great price action to have access to

Xero (ASX: XRO) Mkt cap 21.87B
I honestly didnt know much about Xero until I did some research but it’s a name that constantly pops up in my radar as someone who works in Supply Chain. A cloud based accounting software, Xero has 2.5 million+ subscriptions and serves a range of customers including the biggest banks in Australia as well as banks all over the world

Xero is also the original name of Linkin Park so thats a plus

Cann Group Ltd (ASX: CAN) Mkt cap 34.72M
Cann group are a developer and supplier of cannabis products - an industry that’s booming in the US but still finding its feet in Australia

They are the first company in Australia to be issued with a Cannabis Research License by the Australian Government’s Office of Drug Control (ODC) and Australia’s first Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Licence.

They’ve also invested a lot of $ in infrastructure. Wouldnt be surprised if cannabis (medicinal and recreational) is legalised in the not too distant future, and these guys are in a position to jump on it

SPDR S&P/ASX 50 FUND (SFY)
A good ol’ ETF following the top 50 listed companies
37.9% financials
17.9% materials
And then a spread of between 9.3% to around 2% of most other sectors. Give it a Google for specifics

Thoughts?

Afterpay just got bought by Square so I don’t think it makes sense to list it now