Multiple Asset Add

Proposal → Due to low voting turnout when whitelisting assets, I suggest we bulk whitelist the top 25 assets by market capitalisation for the following stock exchanges. NYSE, NASDAQ, Tokyo, London, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Euronext, Toronto, Bombay.

This way we can add 225 assets in one vote, and get some of the largest companies globally listed. Will drive uptake in several key markets globally.

I realize it would be a bit of work for the people managing the assets, but the recent failed asset adds highlight the need to get multiple assets added quickly.

3 Likes

The exact number of assets aside (for reasons I’ll explain I think it should be fewer), I think this is a good solution to our listing woes. We’ll need to revist the params votes on the several assets that have essentially been forgotten (courtesy terranostra):

Johnson & Johnson ID 2… Coca-Cola ID 8, Nike ID 9, Samsung ID 11,… Square ID 14, Galaxy Digital ID 15, Peloton interactive ID 18, Microstrategy ID 19 (Microstrategy was also proposed with poll ID 65, this time rejected !!! but we only needed to poll for parameters) McDonald’s ID 21, Spotify ID 22, Adobe ID 24, Intel Corp ID 25,… Polkadot ID 38 .

My question is what do MIR whales think? Many votes are just failing to reach quorum - whales could vote no and rock the vote easily. Can one of them poke their head like the yfi whales? Personally I am a small farmer but I like having ~100% yield on my assets. Perhaps TVL goalposts should be set for adding new assets.

Ok, the staggering solution could be solved like this. :arrow_down:

Proposal → Due to low voting turnout when whitelisting assets, I suggest we bulk whitelist the top 25 assets by market capitalisation for the following stock exchanges. NYSE, NASDAQ, Tokyo, London, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Euronext, Toronto, Bombay, and Korea.

The assets will be added in a weekly fashion over the course of 10 weeks.

A social media campaign could run in key markets over the 10 weeks driving local knowledge and generating excitement.

Week 1 NASDAQ top 25
W2 Korea top 25
W3 Tokyo
W4 Shanghai
W5 Euro
W6 NYSE
W7 London
W8 Bombay
W9 Hong Kong
W10 Toronto

This way we can add 250 assets in one vote, have a staggered listing procedure and get some of the largest companies globally listed. Will drive uptake in several key markets globally.

I realize it would be a bit of work for the people managing the assets, but the recent failed asset adds highlight the need to get multiple assets added quickly.

Stocks listed per week could be 10 to 25, doesn’t matter, but having a systemic solution to the listing is crucial.

I personally don’t really want to trade stocks on certain exchanges, and probably would skip votes out of disinterest. This will solve the issue.