Need more tokens paired with MIR

Can we have liquidity mining pools that use MIR as a base pairing instead of UST?

For example I would love to see liquidity pools such as, LUNA-MIR, and ANC-MIR, mETH-MIR, mBTC-MIR, mAMZN-MIR and etc. By having more pools paired with MIR instead of UST, it will increase demand for MIR and will lock up more MIR inside LPs; which is good for the price of MIR.

1 Like

This idea seems like a good one to appreciate the price of Mir! I like it!

The problem right now is MIR can only go back into the MIR-UST LP, or staked in governance which causes the yield to drop overtime. Having other pools that require MIR as a base paring is great for the price of MIR. I suggest removing the mAssets that are low in demand to free up more MIR to be distributed into pools that require MIR as a base. This way demand should keep up with supply because you’ll always need more mirror to keep growing your yield if the pool demands it. Right now UST is in demand more than MIR which causes MIR to be sold for UST, currently all the yield farming uses UST. There is also guaranteed impermanent loss by pairing volatile assets with a stable coin like UST.

I feel like this is a bad idea as it increases exposure to impermanent loss by having another variable price asset in the pair, and will have people wanting more yield to compensate for the added risk. There are several mAssets that are quite stable or have cyclical value such that IL risk is at a minimum. If those were instead paired with UST suddenly LPs have to factor in predictions of MIR value.

Besides I think any decision about changing stuff should come post v2 after such a time when the impact of that can be determined. Note also that Spar will increase demand for mAssets and have additional effects on MIR supply and demand and hence price.

1 Like

As an LP, I certainly do not want to pair uncorrelated massets with MIR because of the IL risk. I’d massively reduce my LP until there’s a good way to borrow MIR, because I can’t tolerate that much long exposure to MIR. Being forced to borrow MIR will greatly reduce the capital efficiency because it require overcollateralizing.

I also just don’t see a demand for MIR pairs because the vast majority of people trading massets are going to think about pricing them in terms of USD/UST. Having to buy MIR in order to get mAAPL is just an additional step that’s going to complicate onboarding new users. The goal of Mirror isn’t to appreciate the short-term price of the MIR token.

I could possibly see MIR vs Luna or ANC, but I think those should just come about from Terraswap being improved to involve order routing through multiple pools like other DEX (MIR-UST-Luna) or Terra itself incentivizing those pairs with Luna rewards.