What are your thoughts about options trading on mAssets?
I have a background in programming and also traditional finance. I was thinking about an options protocol on top of mAssets, how much trading volume and interest it would attract? I share my own thoughts later in post.
Also I would appreciate it if someone from mirror developers gave me estimate headcount of mirror. And how much time did it take them to build mirror? can a small team of devs build an options protocol on top of mir? I might be able to gather a team.
My thoughts on options trading for mAssets:
- Fund managers and advanced traders can implement better trading strategies (i love options personally more than leveraged trading)
- it helps other protocols like spar
- similar value proposition to mirror(the same people that dont have cheap and direct access to stocks, also dont have access to options)
- fund managers and maybe anchor protocol might be able to use otions to implement risk free and low profit strategies (e.g selling calls while holdig the underlying assets)
- Eth ecosystem has high cost which might prevent mainstream adoption in short term. Mirror has low costs and can gain user base much easier.
- if we port alt coins to mirror, similar to stocks and pre ipos, we might be able to attract option trading volume on long tail tokens.
- It is not clear what is the best model for an options protocol technically. There is hegic, opyn, pods, finexus, … on eth ecosystem. They are not mature yet.
- it might be hard to attract liquidity for options. Advanced market makers are needed probably. It is a chicken and egg problem.