[Proposal] Higher APY for MIR Staker/Holder

Currently, MIR is only a governance token that doesn’t have significant use cases to encourage people to hold it for the long term. I want to suggest a similar mechanism as Celsius, where users get a higher interest rate if they hold a certain amount of Celsius. Implementing this mechanism in Mirror means users who stake/hold a certain amount of MIR would get higher APY for both long and short farming.
Example with parameters detail:
Bonus rewards (capped at 30%) = (Value of MIR staked)/(Total value for short-farming + Total value for long-farming)*100%
The value of MIR staked is calculated from MIR that has been staked for at least 14 days.

1 Like

Good idea. There has to be some incentive of holding MIR long terms, beyond the APR or farming it against UST. I believe it was mentioned in a recent interview that the V3 version will add some kind of benefits for long term holders. But I’d say it goes beyond all this. Probably one of the main issues with MIR and its TVL is the fact that most of its assets are stocks. In a bull market ( that we like to believe we are in) most retail investors and even institutions will invest in crypto assets. Even if the likes of Tesla or ARK Etf have done very well in the last 12 months, it’s nothing compared to even ETH, let alone Luna, Cardano, etc. What Mirror has to do is first of all emulate most of the things that made Robinhood such a success and improve those, taking advantage of the crypto space innovation rate.

1 Like