I am proposing that Mirror upgrade governance platforms from Discourse to a complete governance forum on Commonwealth.
A governance platform with more capabilities than Mirror’s current processes will allow this community to get more done and inevitably grow the Mirror (& Terra) ecosystem. I am proposing that Mirror move their governance activities to Commonwealth where this community will be given more tools to govern Mirror. The major changes are as follows:
- Organize all of the community activities that Mirror does to increase efficiency and expand higher community engagement rates into more areas of governance. I.e.: bucket all hiring activities, discussions, governance proposals, listing new assets, etc. into unique channels.
- Create a community fund built into the governance platform where Mirror community members can invest in projects that they determine to benefit the Mirror ecosystem.
- Efficiently reach more of the community and expose more on-chain, off-chain, and member data to allow the entire community to make informed decisions.
- Create a channel with specifications that enables the community to make better decisions about listing new assets on the Mirror platform.
Commonwealth isn’t just a governance interface, it has the capabilities to become the decentralized hub for all of the community activities taking place within Mirror. Commonwealth is already doing this with a couple other decentralized communities.
Key Feature Upgrades:
- Crypto-native discourse with an integration to Snapshot voting, staking dashboard and other new features to Mirror’s governance.
- In-depth transparency & analytics for both thread activity and profiles. Profile transparency includes forum activity history, past votes, and more.
- On-chain integrated governance dashboard built specifically for decentralized communities. Everyone can receive notifications if they want to and Commonwealth can integrate with Discord and other channels.
The Mirror team get in touch to build a testnet on the Commonwealth platform and get the Commonwealth team to build any custom features that the Mirror community wants to see in the new governance & community forum. Once that’s done the existing forum data would be migrated over to Commonwealth.