Shifting MIR Rewards Weighting To Terra from ETH

Farmer Froom had an interesting idea in the Discord. What if we slowly started shifting rewards to more heavily favor farming on Terra? Right now the split is 50/50, and with new mAssets only being added to Terra deeper liquidity per stock is more heavily incentivized on ETH. The ETH farming is definitely important, but I think most of us will agree that Terra network should be the primary source of trading / liquidity. The ETH network is almost exclusively used by whales now, with whales trading on Terra and then just using the bridge to port money over and pocket high yields.

What about making the rewards split 60/40, or heck even 70/30, favoring Terra network?

10 Likes

Heavily supportive of this. It increases the usage of UST and Terra network, and ETH is not usable for normal retails due to the high gas fee.

70/30 or even 75/25 will be a good start.

I think you can bring this idea to Collection of changes for v2 - #46 by CryogenicKangaroo this post, about collection of changes to be made for version 2 of Mirror.

Change in distribution of MIR is a large change that could affect the entire protocol, and should be considered as a version 2 change as well :slight_smile:

I support this. would absolutely vote for it.

I support this initiative! We need to build out the Terra ecosystem even more