SIMP-3: Change Short-Farm Maximum Reward Allocation from 40% to 100%

They are counted.

I think that any staked MIR can vote. And any changes of staked MIR during poll duration will change quorum. For example a whale can “fail” a poll by staking massive amount of MIR in the last moment. Obviously the reverse operation is also possible (;

I think this was done in response to the wave of malicious polls, where someone created a dozen of stupid polls with stupid changes or even tried to steal 5M MIR.

1 Like

Wow this makes no sense to me. Thanks for the answer tho!

1 Like

Yes exactly, this crucial thing first please.

1 Like

That is correct, but the decision for 18% versus 15% was completely arbitrary. A quorum reduction to 15% is probably safe… But “I can’t get polls to pass so I’m lowering the goalpost for myself” is not a good look.

1 Like

Talking about 15% or 18% is a complete waste of time. We missed the quorum by 0.02% and the votes were increasing over time. Probably if the poll was open even for 1 more hour it would have passed.

1 Like

Or if I knew this suffices as opposed to UI bug, I would buy outstanding 10k MIR and vote. Fuck it honestly.

2 Likes

In a previous reply it says “And any changes of staked MIR during poll duration will change quorum.”

This does not matter at all. The staked MIR fluctuates. It may go up during the poll or it may go down. This could make the 18% slightly harder or slightly easier to reach. It can go in either direction. Who cares. This is a distracting waste of time.

So to sum up the current community sentiment: Everyone is upset that the poll didn’t pass.

MSC: Please repost the poll. This time I am sure everyone who cares about Mirror Protocol will do their best to ensure that the poll passes quorum.

Community: Let’s help advertising the poll on twitter, telegram, discord etc. so that all active users become aware of it.

4 Likes

Exactly. Also, if this poll was reposted I wouldn’t be surprised to see the price of MIR spike up significantly with all the people buying some to vote to push this through. This has to be the most important poll by far.

1 Like

If anyone cares for my opinion, if this proposal gets reposted, I think it should be reposted as a contract-change poll instead of wasting time and money on text polls (unless this is not possible and contract-change has to have a passed another-type vote before it).

2 Likes

As mentioned before, I have created the necessary pull request. If a text-poll is posted for it to be implemented, all a mirror git-admin needs to do after it succeeds is press “approve”.

2 Likes

I strongly agree with this.

On another note and just to be clear… MIR staked after the creation of a poll just impact quorum or they can also vote?

1 Like

Can also vote. There were a couple of 100k+ transactions day of finality that did this and we still fell just a little short

2 Likes

Is the MSC going to repost the poll? Should we have a poll about that? lol

MSC should do it since the UI screwed up

1 Like

When will the vote resume? I can’t wait to get rid of the high premium!

2 Likes

Guys, go to the Discord if you can and push for that poll to be resubmitted there. Some of the MSC members are in the general and governance channels most of the time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the effort. So how best we continue from here? Do we wait till current “stupid” polls run out of time and then we submit it immediately with the implementation (pull request) plan? Who will lead the efforts? @josephsavage Will you give it one more try given how close it was?

1 Like

Discord invite link?

All links are on the mirrorprotocol webpage