Store UST collateral in Anchor?

What are people’s thoughts on converting any UST collateral used to mint mAssets to aUST by depositing it in Anchor, and then withdrawing it when the position closes? The profits from the appreciation could be used to buy and burn/distribute MIR, reduce the CDP closing fee, or anything else of interest to the community.

I’m sure most people aren’t depositing raw UST anymore, but I’d be curious to see if someone could figure out how much profit doing this would produce in a year.

1 Like

Seems like a good idea to me. I wonder if there are any technical limitations to this?

1 Like

The users have that choice already. You can use UST directly or put it into anchor and use aUST.

I don’t think the protocol should put it into anchor anyway even when you made explicit decision to not do that.

Why would someone make that decision? Not wanting to be exposed to an additional smart contract risk or anchor insolvency.

1 Like

Yes. Had similar thought on the liquidity pools. I put the comment in Mirror Roadmap following V2 thread. Instead of mAsset-UST pool, why not have mAsset-aUST pools.

1 Like