[suggestion] increase mSPY weight parameter

Hi guys, title says it all, i’m suggesting to increase the weight parameter for the mSPY/UST pool.

Currently pool size is only about 8M and the APR is the lowest of all, keeping in mind the importance of SPY as an asset i feel like we should incentivize more liquidity for this pair.

Let me know what you think, if this suggestion gets enough positive feedback we should create a poll.

1 Like

What is the weight for mSPY in your mind?

The fact that it has 8M staked with such a low APR, in a way, indicates that it doesn’t need a bigger weight. In the future, all the assets are going to look like this, so I personally think it’s an interesting experiment to see if LPs can fund themselves without the additional MIR incentive.

Shouldn’t we be incentivizing pools with the lowest amount of liquidity?

Shouldn’t we be incentivizing pools with the lowest amount of liquidity?

I personally think that the only reason for deviations in incentive for different pools should be because they would bring additional benefit/attention to Mirror. If pools all have the same incentive weight then the APR is a market correcting mechanism… higher APR for things considered higher risk to mint (mGME anybody?) and lower APR for things that are practically mainstream to mint.

Since SPY is the ‘gold standard’ in terms of most heavily invested equities mix on earth, the APR only needs to compensate smart contract risk and IL.

2 Likes